What is the origin of Sona Masoori rice?
Delightful savour, rich aroma, and robust flavour- no wonder Lal Quilla Sona Masoori Rice is one of the most popular rice variety for daily consumption. Also known as Sona Masuri, this type of non-basmati rice is a combination of two different rice species, which are, Sona and Masoori. Popular for its sweetness and soft texture, this variety of rice feels like love at first bite.
This premium rice is mostly cultivated in Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka. Owing to its extra-nutritious and unique qualities, this type of Indian rice has won the hearts of many people across the world. Also Checkout our Meat & Fish Category.
Essential features of Lal Quilla Sona Masoori Rice
Relish the authentic taste of Lal Quilla Sona Masoori Rice and elevate your sensory experience. These grains of heaven come with some extraordinary features, like:
- This type of rice is extremely light in weight and has very less starch content.
- One of the reasons why Sona Masoori Rice is so popular is because it is easy to digest.
- It is best for weight loss and people use it for daily consumption due to its soft texture and distinct flavour.
- Sona Masoori rice can help in preparing delicacies like fried rice, porridge, biryani, idlis, and Pongal.
A nutritious food which also elevates your gastronomic journey- what is a better combination than this? Wondering how nutritious it is? Here’s some information about its nutritional value:
- High protein content: Sona Masoori rice offers an adequate amount of protein for the body. If it is still incomplete, a balanced diet, including this type of rice, will meet all your nutritional demands.
- Low in calories: With a lower calorie content, yet delectable taste, consuming this type of rice, is a win-win situation.
- High in carbohydrates: If you are feeling low, this variety of rice can make you feel energized the whole day with its high carbohydrate content.
- No fat and sodium: While these are essential nutrients, it is vital to consume them in a limited quantity. Therefore, another reason why Sona Masuri rice is the perfect choice is because it is free of fat and sodium.
- Rich source of magnesium: This is an essential nutrient that provides energy and helps in various biological functions.